Unit 67 Task 2: Animation Analysis

Unit 67 Task 2: Animation Analysis

How I made my animation?

I made my animation by using Maya, I did this because I had no knowledge of how to animate in Unreal so I decided to use the program that I had more experience with.

I made the animation by saving Key Frames at points in the timeline where it was needed to be in certain places.

I rendered the video with Maya and with Adobe After Effects, I did this because it was the only way I knew how to render and it would continue rendering while I could work on other projects.

I set up dynamic lighting, I did this so that I could have a more natural lighting in the environment and so it could cast shadows which made the scene more intimidating.

I made the clown fall from the sky so that I don't have to animate leg movement, for the character I had him slide across the ground so that he could move and due to the first person camera, it wasn't obvious that his legs weren't moving.

I moved all of the models with the Move Tool and the Rotate Tool, I did this because it made it easier to move everything to the right place.

I used a camera as a perspective, I did this because it allowed me to film from a perspective that is able to move easily and I could group it with the head of the main character which allowed me to film with a first person perspective. 

I Rigged both the clown and the character with a Skeletons, I did this so that I had a way to move the limbs of both the main character and the clown.

I made the bridge and the parking lot that is used as the flooring of the animation. I made them by finding pictures of a road and a parking lot on put those textures on a flat cube.

I found the models online for the clown, the car, the character and the gun, I did this so that because I couldn't make all the models in time.

I used some animation techniques like arc (how the clown picks up the car), anticipation (how long it took the clown to pick up the car) and exaggeration (how big the clown is, how it fell from the sky and the fact that he picks up and throws a car).

If I had more time, money and resources, I would have added a background to make the area feel less barren, added more cars to the parking lot so that it looked more complete, make my own clown model since the one that I found online was low quality, made the clowns arm animation better due to how the car and the arms were out of sync and added a smoke effect for when the main character fired the gun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 6 - Assignment 2 - Task 2 P4 Analysis of a computer game

Unit 71: Object-Oriented Design for Computer Games

Unit 66/67 Creating a 3D modelling